Laurent Fayolle Hauterives Crozes-Hermitage Rouge 2018

Original Price $24.99
Current Price $24.97

Free Shipping on 6 or more

92pts Antonio Galloni's Vinous

Laurent Fayolle Hauterives Crozes-Hermitage Rouge! It's got ripe, dark fruit that goes on and on, well-integrated tannins, and a bit of peppery zip, all of which weave together beautifully and make our mouths water for tasty fall fare. If you want a truly classic pairing, set aside some time to make cassoulet with pork and duck sausage. You'll be so glad you did. Start the meal with French onion soup with an extra grind or two of pepper to make it even better with the wine, and don't skimp on the Gruyere either... Lamb shanks braised with tomatoes, shallots, carrots and red wine is another delicious option for this Hauterives. Open another bottle after the plates have been cleared and enjoy it with a French Picodin cheese. À votre santé winelovers!

Antonio Galloni's Vinous: "Deep, vivid magenta. Primary dark berry and floral scents show very good clarity and reveal hints of cracked pepper and licorice. Velvety and seamless in the mouth, offering juicy black raspberry, cherry and violet pastille flavors that pick up a spicy nuance with air. A bitter chocolate note comes up on the clinging finish, which is framed by fine-grained, even tannins. 60% of this fruit comes from Crozes-Hermitage and the other 40% from Chassis. Fermented and raised in concrete tanks." Mar 2020

Trade Notes: "Dry and fuller medium-bodied. Red velvet robe on this certified organic Syrah sourced from 40 year vines planted in the limestone of Chassis and granite soils of Crozes-Hermitage. The nose shows violets, jammy fruit, and plum followed by framboise and cassis on the palate. De-stemmed bunches, plus fermentation & aging in concrete, amplify subtle notes of stones, chewy tannins, earth, and plummy on a rich finish." 

Bottle 750ml, cork 
Farming Certified Organic
Varietal 100%. Syrah
Alcohol  13.0%
Region
Crozes-Hermitage, Rhone, France
Original Price $24.99
Current Price $24.97

Free Shipping on 6 or more