A week in Napa
The wine highlights:
- Altamura: Sangiovese
- Failla: everything
- Joseph Phelps: everything, including their delicious Chardonnay from Freestone
- Robert Biale: Grande Vineyard Zinfandel
- Regusci: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Duckhorn:Sauvignon Blanc
- Goosecross: the deliciously floral Orange Muscat; a perfect aperitif.
- Cliff Lede: the connection to rock and roll. Yes, they have a Dark Side of the Moon vineyard plot.
- Ciccio in Yountville: calamari with pepperoncini and garlic, orecchiette with chicken livers and sage, and the Negroni menu! There are 7!
- Farm at Carneros Inn (Carneros): macadamia crusted halibut with vadouvan butter. Delicious. If you put vadouvan butter on a shoe it would be delicious.
- Bouchon: duck confit over lentils, paired with a 2013 glass of Failla Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir. Memorable.
- Ad Hoc’s Addendum (Napa): the fried chicken, savory pork chops and mac and cheese. Like you read and dream about.
- Auberge du Soleil balcony: anything on the small plates menu. Not sure which was better: the food or the view. Breathtaking both.
- Angele in Napa: the perfect post-lunch espresso with a side of hot milk.
- Market in Yountville: the Butter Scotch pudding. Divinely inspired.